Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Why do customers insist on lying on you???

I had a customer that claimed I was at the install for 2 hours and did nothing. I changed the drop, created new outlets and installed phone, data and a dvr. His wife, whom wasn't even present during the install, called the service provider and made the claim. Another tech was sent out to find out what happened and he even stated that there was no way I was there and did nothing. My proof was that I did an edge health on the eMTA and dvr all passed. Did my supervisor back me up? Hell no. Shortly after this I went and cut the drop and the outlets up against the exterior wall. I had Lost 1.25 per point times 52 points. I was pissed and now I have customers sign a statement that all services are up and running and that all equipment are in working order and installed in the location that they requested. Customer lie to try to get something for nothing. You have no control over that. The only thing you can do is cover your a$$ and document everything. I have gotten in the habit of taking pictures of the quality of work and download them on to a disk so if I am questioned I have proof of what I have done and how the job was left. Its time consuming but I am my own cable lawyer and don't rely on my supervisor to back me up.
This is CABL.com posting #321411. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvMd
Posted in reply to: Re: Why do customers insist on lying on you??? by jmiller
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Why do customers insist on lying on you??? yankee1 2/6/2011 12:38:03 PM