Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:so say the cable gods

Thank you Ranger, thankyouverymuch.

As for the greedy people who lie & cheat people, it all comes back to a combination of succumbing to being lied to by dishonest people and not remembering a basic tenet of life: if somethang sounds too good to be true, it probably ain't true.

Too many people today are only concerned for their own material gain. I do want to be well paid but I am not afraid of hard work to get there. SO I keep my eyes open & my mouth shut (well as shut as I can anyway) and try to not only learn from my mistakes but learn from others as well. I can say this, I have learned to recognize the same mistake as I made it often enough to stay vigilant in my own actions. Afterall, I cannot change what anyone else does, only what I do.

Okay pay-pull, put yo hands on the converter & beeee-lieeeeeve in the power of cay-bell teeeee-veeeee.

Through it all people need to remember tough times never last, however tough people do last.

Also remember that courtesy is the lubrication of professional & social intercourse.

>Very eloquently put, Animal!
>
>>I have been in this bidness for 22 years & it is cyclical. It waxes & wanes through a strange combination of the whimsey of the financial world played out against the bleeding edge of technology. One thang that is continuity across the ages, drug & alcohol abuse seems to plague this industry. As for getting some strange, I think that may well be part of the male DNA, a chromosome that shrieks out "go forth & fertilize".
>>
>>As for the cycles, the first big cycle was the first cable boom, then when the mid 80's downward spiral hit it really was a rotten time to be a hook, top or otherwise. The next great cycle was fiber bursting onto the scene allowed many to bask in the glow of beaucoup bucks pouring in as the reel turned. Alas are we facing another drought? Will the greedheads on Wall St. loosen their purse strings and allow those of us who take pride in a tightly lashed span, we who slave over a shrink boot with dualling torches whilst the winter winds bear down & try to snuff the flame like an acolyte after the last hymn has been sung . . . bah I think I'll sell Amway.
>>
>
You don't always get what you expect, but you know what you got when you inspect. Happiness comes from within, some poor souls are just without.
This is CABL.com posting #32128. Tiny Link: cabl.co/miwm
Posted in reply to: Re:so say the cable gods by ranger
There are 0 replies to this message