Create your free account now! Sign up

Measuring DBMV on a SMATV System

Need an assist from all those headend experts out there.  I am having a headend/Smatv system built for a customer and I am being asked for the DBMV of the existing system so they can match it to the new system. 

The head end sits in the building with the bulk of the runs; but also feeds about 10-12 runs in two other buildings for a total of three buildings spaced approximately 300' feet apart from eachother in a triangle.  24 receivers feeding 36 termination points. The dish is a DTV 4 line KaKu (Non SWiM) Here's the questions:

1. My birdog only reads DBuV, I have a conversion chart from DBuV to DBMV, but if there is a reasonably cost meter out there that reads DBMV I would like to know what it is?

2. Where in the system do I take the reading from? Do I take multiple readings? (At the dish, at the headend and at the furthest points down stream).

3. Do I take the reading with the system powered up, or do I shut it down? 

4. Do I need to take the headend, amplifiers and switch out of the equation and just read the actual cable run itself from the headend to the furthest point?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated
This is CABL.com posting #320107. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvrb
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Measuring DBMV on a SMATV System Buffalo Chips 1/15/2011 6:55:06 PM