Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DIRECTV Head End Audio out of Sync

Here it is... Went to the site yesterday; they have a 24 receiver rack, 12 receivers (1-12) handle channels 21-32 and are all on the top rack. Receivers (13-24) handle channels 32-44 and are on the bottom of the rack. This is a PPS-12 rack, uses mini-mods, has a blonder tongue amplifier (ASA-30-550), a PI-6S switch, the systems feeds 36 rooms. The receivers are a mix of D10's and D12's. The issue with the system is that there is a constant high pitched whine on channels 21-32. Channels 33-44 work fine. I did not see anything out of the ordinary except that the system is old. Resetting each receiver didn't do anything. However, killing power to the rack for a few minutes and powering it back up made the issue go away on the affected receivers (1-12), but only temporary, the issue returned within a few hours.I have my thoughts on what the problem is; however, before I spend money on ordering equipment I would like to get some conclusions from the forum to compare notes. Thanks in advance for the assist.
This is CABL.com posting #319605. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvi5
Posted in reply to: Re: DIRECTV Head End Audio out of Sync by goodsky
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: DIRECTV Head End Audio out of Sync woodybeetle 1/10/2011 1:02:00 AM
Re: DIRECTV Head End Audio out of Sync davisgo 1/8/2011 11:34:23 AM