Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: High End Roll Off

You have a lot of good advice from the above.  A lot of things can cause high end roll off.  Manufacturers and engineers fight a constant battle with roll off within the electronics with the increased demand for band width.  When sweeping, you may think there's a roll-off but it's really a mid band hump which can be corrected with trim networks and rc pads within the amps (depending on brand).  If you've traced the problem and it's just a gradual degrade in the high end, probably theres a design flaw, or the cable size is wrong or just beat up from installation.  Do you have a pocket guide of cable and passive loss values?  I've seen block splices cause this if there are too many (usual locations are in peds and riser locations).  This can be remedied by replacing with a pba splice or straight splice.  Brother, this is an age old problem that all sweep techs fight continually.  In reality the problem can be caused by just about anything.  I would be interested to know what brand of actives are in this plant. If it's brand new, it's likely to be SA or Motorola (General Instrument).  With enough feed back, I'm sure the good knowledgable guys here can get ya on the right track, and supply enough info to take to your PM. Good luck.
Big Dog
This is CABL.com posting #319498. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvhm
Posted in reply to: Re: High End Roll Off by Joe50
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: High End Roll Off SteveStrickland 1/6/2011 4:12:05 PM