Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New Build Splicing Specks, Houston TX.

Always hated when the home owner would landscape around the ped and hide it with bushes and other things. Got called out to a unfamiliar part of a new system one night for a outage and spent a hour and a half looking for a LE ped. Must of walked past it 6 or 7 times.Map said it was supposed to be right here. I looked across the street, in the neighbors yard, under bushes, even poked around in the mulch with a ground rod in case it was buried. Finally the home owner came out and asked if I was looking for a green box. I said yes and I can't find it any where, he came over to the place I was standing and pushed over a this bolder that was right in the middle of the mulch and bushes and there she was. The guy told me he had ordered that especially to cover thatbig green box in his front yard. It was made out of fiberglass and concrete and looked and felt just like a real rock, weighed about 25 or 30 lbs so didn't move easy unless you picked up at the right spot then it flipped right over. Guy said he would have come out sooner but he was having a good laugh watching me look for the damn thing. Guess I did look pretty silly crawling around with a flashlight and a ground rod. His wife was cool she came out with coffee and doughnuts for me, said she felt bad about her husband not coming out sooner.

If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #319439. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvgp
Posted in reply to: Re: New Build Splicing Specks, Houston TX. by goodsky
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: New Build Splicing Specks, Houston TX. goodsky 1/5/2011 8:58:18 PM
Re: New Build Splicing Specks, Houston TX. Running 1/5/2011 7:42:15 PM