Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What has the world come too.

Lashdawg, I do not say we should withhold food or medical treatment from anyone that needs it even if they are in the country illegally. If they are here illegally then they should be repatriated after they are cared for. If they are truly coming here for the work them let them do it legally. I know if it were the other way around we would not be treated so hospitably in their countries.

America is a land of immigrants and probably will always be, but we are also a land of laws and I cannot see anyone becoming a good citizen of it by starting out breaking the law. There is more than one way to immigrate to this country legally, get a visa, get a sponsor, join the military are just a few. I don't care how hard they work or how much they don't complain, the bottom line is they broke the law to get here. It's time that all Americans stop turning a blind eye to this and start demanding the laws are enforced. We see it in our own industry, primes that don't care how much the MSO's cut the pay rates because they know it's easy to get illegals to do the work for next to nothing. I've kicked contractors off jobs because they could not produce proper working papers for guys they brought in to do work. They were hired to do work for the government and they brought in illegals to do the work then complained when they were thrown off the job..It's got to stop we are only hurting ourselves.

That being said I return the New Years wishes, may this year bring you health, happiness, and prosperity.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #319286. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbvdW
Posted in reply to: Re: What has the world come too. by lashdawg
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: What has the world come too. sweatforhire 1/3/2011 11:33:37 AM