Create your free account now! Sign up

re: stinky

True story, I can't make this kind shit up. This was a few years back. A friend of mine called, he had a wreck out job and asked if I could help him out, as he was busy on another job, in a different part of the country, and I was not to far away, 8 hr drive. So, I called a friend to see if he would grunt for me. I still needed another linemen, well,,,the day before we were to leave. This guy stops by the warehouse and ask if I was hiring any linemen. Perfect,,,,I asked him if he would leave town for about a week, he said no problem.The Next morning when we were to leave, this guy shows up, with a small back pack, and that was it. I asked him where his gear was? Gave me a line of bullshit about how it got stolen, and asked if I could loan him some. Well,, we were already running late to leave, So I grabbed some extra gear and down the road we went. I was driving a t-40 and my friend Dave was driving the p/u with this newbie riding shot gun. We were a couple hours into the drive, when Dave calls me on the radio, and says " this guy stinks" I asked him what he meant. He says "he fucking stinks". I figured the guy was just having gas problems. Boy,,was I wrong.

Any way,,,a little further down the road, I look in my mirror and see the p/u jerk to the right and back to the left. I get on the radio and ask Dave, "everything alright?" Dave comes back,"yep". About 20 min later, I look in the mirror and the p/u jerks to the right and back to the left. I again get on the radio and ask if everything is alright? Dave comes back,"yep, this guy fucking stinks". Well,, we get to our motel and check in. Dave and I were sitting in the p/u, waiting on stinky, so we could go eat. The p/u was full of flies,I asked Dave "Where the fuck did all these flies come from?" "Their stinky's friends" was Dave reply. I then asked Dave what was up with the p/u jerking back and forth going down the highway. He said, every time stinky would doze off, he would jerk the truck to the right and back to the left to wake him up. Stinky would about jump out of his seat startled, and ask Dave whats going on. Dave, acted like nothing happened, and would say, "what are you talking about?" Heh heh heh heh,,,That's just the kind of guy Dave is.
  Through the week as I got to know stinky, he did have a oder to him. He had brought one pair of black jeans and a sweat shirt to work in all week, that looked like they had never been washed and you could stand em up in the corner. I asked stinky if he ever showered and he said yes. I then asked him if he used soap? Well,,,there is a lot more to the story of that road trip, but, to keep it short, just wanted to let you know, that's how stinky got his name. I can't even remember his real name. He didn't last after that job.

This is CABL.com posting #318446. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbu0o
There is 1 reply to this message
re: stinky Polehiker 12/18/2010 3:00:01 PM