Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Here's part of the problem...

The thing is, like I said, he is one of the best service techs I have seen, but that is only based on what he knew when I was there. That System and the Sysytem manager, (a glorified service tech) only let them work it back to the tap: Then it was turned over to me.  I tried to teach him a little, but with them loading him down with 15 to 20 service calls, and with the work load I had, there just wasn't much time. When he told me that he had applied for the position, I tried to talk him out of it: He said, he needed more money. Well, he thought they were going to move him right up to System Tech startin' wages. When he told me that they only gave him $1.00 an hour more than the slave wages he was workin' for I really tried to talk him out of it. The problem with this MSO is that Human Resources seems to make all the hiring and promotional decisions. I know the management  and the other techs real well in the maintanence department and I can only imagine what is going through their heads. But, like you said, He knows what he is getting into: But, it seems they are setting him up for failure.
This is CABL.com posting #318412. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuZQ
Posted in reply to: Re: Here's part of the problem... by nrb1
There are 0 replies to this message