Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: cox all downhill

This is the reason I left Comcast as a prime 10 years ago and don't miss them at all. I miss the work but not the crap that goes along with it to have the "honor" of working for a large mso. Never seen a pay increase, lots of cuts and they cant pay an invoice on time to save their lives. Had to hire a lawyer twice for well over 6 figures each time and it wasn't because of workmanship. We were an interest free loan to them. 30 days 180 days no big deal to them. And look at the "national primes" who are out there now and look at the top management of them. I personally know a good deal of them and I cant say that most are worth a dime.

And to see the work that passes for completed construction today, I would be embarrassed to be associated with most of of. 1000 ft feeder spans 4 inches deep put in like a drop with a spade. Aerial pulled so tight that it touches the bottom of transformers and don't get me started on the splicing.

I asked a very senior person at corporate once why we were doing the ass backwards projects that were being sent out. I was told that the top brass decided "to make it work for right now and we will make it right later on". Even though I actually got paid more to do things 2 and 3 times after the "temp" line went in, but I knew it was wrong to begin with and I walked away.

Cable TV, and telco to a degree, has become engineering companies completely dominated by accountants. I understand budgets, believe me, I made payroll even though a multi billion dollar company couldn't find a checkbook for month on end, but I have no idea why anyone today would subject themselves to this abuse. Dog food cant taste as bad as the shit they expect you to eat today. 

Sorry about the lousy grammar and punctuation, I just had the 5th surgery in 6 months on my right hand and being one handed sucks.
This is CABL.com posting #317969. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuSH
Posted in reply to: Re: cox all downhill by walkman
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: cox all downhill gambithook 12/13/2010 11:22:38 AM