Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New Build Splicing Specks, Houston TX.

OK, being a "prima donna" and all, the two center ports are power insertion so bye bye P.I, there was a DC-12 for SM, (was asked what that was on the print) that’s where the tap comes in for the new XM2 power supply mod with the embedded transponder (to elimate excess inline padding for optimum upstream and downstream (change the faceplate)). And last of all the red cap you all been just bustiiiiiiiiing my balls about, prior to resplicing the node I just got done running app. 5000 feet of 24 count, thru the two dips, 3 storages, interduct ran up the pole 18 in. from strand, two steel riser guards on each in the hot Texas sun by myself, taking breaks running 18 miles to I-10 to the nearest gas station, according to my G.P.S. for Gatorade (thought the two gallons I brought would do it...not) and cell service to deal with Backgroundchecks.com in Dallas. When I got the fiber to the Node I called the fiber splicer to let him know he was good to go. Now the red cap, he worked for the same contractor who spliced the coax, don’t need any threads striped at the fiber entry port. I started to see that someone besides the people (AND I WAS NOT THERE TO DO THAT) who get paid to do it (sit in the office in the AC in front of a key board and jump up and start typing something when they hear the door, and say...give me a second, or wait to see who buying their lunch that day, ya know, that’s how they make their money) had to try to stay at least a little ahead of these guys. Like the underground guys who shot four times across the country road for the 100 ft. dip, the forth time still wrong but at least they got it from one power pole to the other, still not the right spot but I can make that work with a little strand (look 2 spans down where all the locate flags (the colors, so pretty) are and the mail boxes with the addresses that corresponds to the print you have, and the primary over your head) and not the sub poles with triplex feeding sings or bell sub poles with bell drops on them where there are no locates! Funny, just remembered something from a prior post here, yes, he got paid to splice that and his lodging, the contractor he worked for got paid, the underground guys got paid their hours and lodging, the stupitvieser got paid and his lodging, and from what I remember the PM was on the phone talking him through it because he said there was no way he could get all that in that ped and still have room for the fiber, he even got paid along with his lodging! Hell, I could have had sex in there with a 200 pounder and still had room for a cooler full of cold ones!!!! In all fairness I got paid to, but after driving 1400 miles to a job that was just starting, flying back to get another truck and drive it out, leaving a job where things like that was par for the course, that was about to be shut down (they didn’t know that thow, being experts and all, oh ya, that’s how they make their money), they cant pay enough to roll up on something like that, and that was the 4th job of a new contract with Comcast…..And that was only the beginning.
This is CABL.com posting #317859. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuQV
Posted in reply to: Re: New Build Splicing Specks, Houston TX. by johnmc3
There are 0 replies to this message