Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: tattoos, beards, long hair...

What do Christians have to do with company policies concerning professional appearances? I am a Christian and I am not religious, I simply have faith that my Lord, Jesus Christ IS the way, the truth and the life and that no one comes to the Father except by Him. Be careful with blanket accusations, not all of us are alike.

When I ran crews, I hired people based on their ability to do quality work and provide exceptional customer service. Long hair, tuck it under a hat; inked, no problem as long there is no offensive tattoos visable. If so, wear long sleeves.

I drive a truck now, and our dispatchers assign the work to the drivers who are clean cut and professional in appearance. We have a couple of guys who have long beards and hair and who are heavily inked who dress with heavy metal t-shirts and basketball shorts and they spend more time in the break room than they do behind the wheel. So, corporate America is about appearance, not about skill.

There are a lot of double standards in this world and life is not fair. Unfortunately, we live in a world obsessed with appearances and are unwilling to accept people for who and what they are.
This is CABL.com posting #317720. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuOG
Posted in reply to: Re: tattoos, beards, long hair... by hookman 81
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: tattoos, beards, long hair... MCSub 12/5/2010 10:49:16 PM