Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hashbrowns or Homefries

Use to be that way where I grew up but the feds put I-81 right through  the middle of my grandmothers farm and then the developers came in like locusts turned most of my boyhood stomping grounds into strip-malls and tract housing. Places my dad and uncles use to take me hunting and fishing as a kid disappeared faster than water on a hot griddle. So they all chipped in and bought land up-state right next to a huge state forest/game land and put a cabin on it. Place didn't even have electric until 1993. Last time I had a chance to get there was 97, Was traveling for the job too much after that to get there, then went and worked in Japan for 8 years in 01 just came back last year. I will not make it this year it's the wife's first year here in the states and good ad she is I don't think she would like me taking off for a week or so if it's not work related. Next year is a different story, I'll send her back to visit her family and I'll head up and loose these flat-landers for a while. My cousins are already bugging me about it.

I know what you mean about the 4G and laptop, between that and my damn smart phone I got the net with me 24/7 too. Guess it's the sign of the times.....But I think I'll turn them off when I get there..
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #317200. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbuGi
Posted in reply to: Re: Hashbrowns or Homefries by hookman 81
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Hashbrowns or Homefries hookman 81 11/21/2010 11:48:16 AM