Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: To splice or not to splice,that is the question.

By: Matt ( (-REDACTED-) )

BRAVO! Darrell, without a doubt Mike is correct. It will take quite sometime to make MORE than that on the
road (unless you have several others working for you and pay them cheap), and it'd be absolutely nuts to
leave home for anywhere close to the same amount of money. I've been married for over 8 years now, and
been travelling virtually all of that. Also have two kids, and being away from them gets harder and harder
every day. It was initially hard, then became relatively easy, and now back to harder than ever. The only
thing that keeps me going is knowing that in two years I'm hangin up the travellin shoes. It's really not worth
it unless you're going to be able to make significantly more money in a relatively short period of time to get
yourself setup for life!!

original message:
----------------------------------------
Darrell,
if your making $1000.00 to $1500.00 a week at home and home every evening at 3:00 why would you want to leave?
if your making good money at home stay with in, ride it to the end. When you get on the road there are a lot of things
to worry about, getting paid, taking care of home. If i was you I would stay right where i was.

original message:
I am currently sub-contracting,doing residential installs.I want to learn splicing but am being discouraged by present company.I would like to advance my career and earning potential.I'm being told that the travel alone would kill me,did I mention I'm married
w\ three daughters.I currently make $1000 to $1500 a week and I'm usually home by 3:00.I've heard that I could double my income once I learn the routine and become profficient at it. I would appreciate any insight about pursuing splicing.Please don't
spare me the harsh realities nor the glorious bottom line.Thanks in advance.

This is CABL.com posting #3166. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZe
There are 0 replies to this message