Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: sub contractor or employee you tell me?

ROFL !

Just so you know, I started in the cable industry Jan 1979. I have been trained in and have worked professionally in virtually every aspect of the cable TV industry, including installation, strand, cable and fiber construction (both aerial and u/g), coax splicing (distribution and trunk), activation and fine balance, sweep, TDR, CLI and a full spectrum of other technical services in 38 different states.
Back in my Lineman days, a pair of hooks was very much in the job description, I climbed thousands of poles for several years before I had the luxury of a bucket truck. I worked my way into that truck and respected those who had done that before me. By God my Westcoast Boots were donned every day with pride.
Then in 1992 I transitioned full-time into the fiber optic side of the industry, including splicing (both mechanical and fusion, dark and lit), testing (pre-splice and post-splice), trouble-shooting and comprehensive fiber system auditing.
Additionally having both the right experience and an impeccable reputation, we (my wife who joined me full-time in 1995 and I) have had the pleasure of working abroad, in places like London, Cambridge, Portsmith and Manchester England (UK), all over Puerto Rico, Kingston, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios Jamaica and in apx. 2 weeks from know we'll be splicing fiber in the Turks and Caicos Islands of the Caribbean.

Hope this sheds some light for you on my experience and background.
I am indeed an old school line-dog and proud of my extensive and thorough cable TV experience.

Though it has not always been easy or very profitable at times, if you stick with you're chosen profession and do every single project the absolute best that it can be done, taking care not to burn any bridges along the way, things will and do get better. The cable TV industry has been very very good to me, thank you God and knock on wood. Still a few more years to go.

:)
This is CABL.com posting #316389. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbutd
Posted in reply to: Re: sub contractor or employee you tell me? by digitalphonemike
There are 0 replies to this message