Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: sub contractor or employee you tell me?

There's pro's and con's about both employee and contractor. I'm a employee know, but when I was a sub I worked out of my home and only went to the primes offices to pick up materials and my check. Otherwise they would fax me my work orders(ntp's) and they had a completion date posted on them. As long as the work was completed in a timely manner everyone was happy, so I basically worked when i wanted except for the occasional outage or rush job. The downfall of that is when the work gets scarce the prime is gonna take care of there inhouse employees and your out back and looking for work again.
   I'm currently an employee and there is something to be said for that to. The boss makes sure we get our forty and often we get some good o.t.. The stability is good but the money isn't what it was, but you don't have to pay all the insurances and overhead that goes along with being a sub. Both are stressful though. When I was a sub I was stressed over truck repairs, employees and so on, now i'm stressed over the lack of money and am working paycheck to paycheck. I still own one bucket truck and when the right situation comes about i'm sure i'll be a sub again. But I have a wife and two daughters and it's nice to come home to them every night.
  So if your single or young and taveling is something you like to do you can make a lot of money as a sub. If not there's alot to say about stability. But that's just my point of view.
This is CABL.com posting #315806. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbujO
Posted in reply to: sub contractor or employee you tell me? by cuzngary
There are 0 replies to this message