Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:What has this industry come to?

I'll stand up for higher prices for as long as it takes. We will all need to make that stand. Price cuts are BS.

>My fellow cable brothers we are all about to become bankrupt, start living WELL below what we are accustomed to, or be forced to find another trade. Personally I don’t know anything else but cable & am too old to want to learn another trade. Cable has been good to me in the past, but I see the industry changing for the worse. Gerald I don’t know you from Adam, but I think you’re on the right track. As long as the scalpers don’t put you out of business, or “someone” starts hiring 18 year old hamburger flippers who were making $5.75/hr and “train” them and pay them & 6.5/hr. I’m not saying that a union is what we need either, but we do need to find a happy medium.
>Just take a minute and listen to what I have got to say, take off the blinders, and don’t lie to yourself for the next couple of minutes. AT&T is the largest MSO in the country now. They cut their rates by at least 40% & still want more work done for that 40% cut than before. If they get that work done for that price, then don’t fool yourselves by thinking the other MSO’s won’t cut there rates then. THAT IS ECONOMICS. Look inside your Nike tennis shoes and see where they were made. How many times do you pick something up and it says made in Mexico, but it is an American owed company. These large companies found a way to cut payout rates and make it work. I don’t have the answer, but I can see the problem. Several heads put together is better than one. Also remember that management in MSO’s have as much right to read the posts on this web sites as we do.
>For those of you who have a “good contract” with “good rates” just remember it is probably only good for a year and has to be renewed soon. They can come back with 40% cuts and shity composite pricing to. All with the philosophy that AT&T did it, and made it work so can we. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, besides cowering down.
>
This is CABL.com posting #31472. Tiny Link: cabl.co/milM
There are 0 replies to this message