Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How to get monies owed to me

Hey, Dwain,

I forgot to mention something that worked for me.  In some states (and it may be federal law, I am not sure), I was able to prove that the company WILLFULLY withheld payment, and that made me entitled to 1.5 times the amount owed.  Showing willful withholding of payment is tricky, but if you have had contact with the company and the correspondence says anything to the effect of they are not going to pay you for reasons that have nothing to do with the job performed, then you may have a way in on that particular law.

Just be sure your paperwork is easy to read for someone who does not work in the business.  I asked one of my friends to look at what I was submitting to the courts - she was associated with cable, and knew nothing about it other than when she turned on her tv, it worked if she paid her bill.

I had to make a lot of changes, but finally was able to submit information that showed the judge in a very kindergarten way why I was owed money, and the process of decision that was supposed to take 2 weeks of advisement was decided in 1 day.

I will send you a private message with my number if you have any questions that I might can find the answer to.
Thanks!!
This is CABL.com posting #314313. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbtVJ
Posted in reply to: Re: How to get monies owed to me by dwain
There are 0 replies to this message