Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Having problems installing replacement Gaffs on Klein Pole Climbers?

Try this out... Clean them real good and heat your oven to about 350 degrees. Set them in for about 20 minutes (don't forget to take your straps off). Have everything ready to go when you take them out so it does not cool down, clamp them in a vise and it should come out. If that doesn't work then you'll have to cut it. GOOD LUCK...

>If I had had my choice I'd gotten Bashlin. These Klein were through payroll deduction. They do have a "star type" replcement screw to remove the old gaffs. They just will not budge.
>
>>
>>
>>>I just bought a set of replacement Gaffs for my Klein Pole Climbers. They came with the wrench to remove the old ones with. I'm having a hell of a time removing the old screws. They are the original Gaffs & Screws. I've tried WD-40 with no luck, thinking about drilling them out...???... Anyone ever had this problem? If so, what was your solution?
>>>Thanks in advance for any help...
>>>I haven't seen or used a set of Klein hooks in a while,didn't think you could replace the gaffs on Kleins? Bashlin hooks are way to go dawg. Throw them Kleins away.
>>
This is CABL.com posting #31412. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mikO
There are 0 replies to this message