Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Having problems installing replacement Gaffs on Klein Pole Climbers?

They are a bitch to replace. Here is what you can do. Place the climbers in a bench vise. Wear your safety glasses while doing this! Take a hacksaw and cut those gaffs at screw in both locations on the climber. Try not to saw the climber. Then give gaff a smack with a hammer. The gaff should be in three pieces if you done it right. Before you install the new gaff on the climber put a little thread eaze on the screw then tighten them in as per the instructions. repeat the process for the other climber. I assume that you got a gaff gauge with the replacement gaffs. Check you gaffs on a weekly basis's if use them ever day. Sharpen them when needed and do it correctly. If not you'll be sitting on you ass at the bottom of the pole faster than you say F#@*.....Klein is a great product.

>I just bought a set of replacement Gaffs for my Klein Pole Climbers. They came with the wrench to remove the old ones with. I'm having a hell of a time removing the old screws. They are the original Gaffs & Screws. I've tried WD-40 with no luck, thinking about drilling them out...???... Anyone ever had this problem? If so, what was your solution?
>Thanks in advance for any help...
>
This is CABL.com posting #31409. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mikL
There are 0 replies to this message