Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is a bridger needed when not in use?

If you have the old 550-MHz feedforward "suitcase" type amplifiers (with separate modules) you can utilize the station with "trunk only" capacity.

If you choose to keep the bridger module in the housing and not utilize the feeder outputs, you MUST terminate the KS-ports in 75-ohms. Terminate ONLY the leg(s) active designated by the feedermaker positioning.

If you choose to only have a trunk module and no bridger, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to TERMINATE the "mini-coax" input to the module. This will eliminate any reflections in the unit. There is a special type of terminator that will plug into that spot. If you do not have any or can not find, you can salvage the connectors from old useless modules if any exist and solder a 75-ohm resistor on it. (stinger to ground).

If you are using a return module, you will need to locate the "bridger input pad" location in the return module and plug in a 75-ohm pad OR jumper the correct pins where the return combiner is taking into consideration that there will be less internal loss if this is done.

I was a field engineer for Scientific-Atlanta and am now a contractor. Please call me on my cellular if you have more questions and I would be happy to answer and questions you may have.

Good Luck!

Greg Tobin
Interactive Broadband Technical Services, LLC
314-422-4423 cellular
This is CABL.com posting #314063. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbtRH
Posted in reply to: Is a bridger needed when not in use? by CanyonMan
There are 0 replies to this message