Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable TV? Who Needs it?

There are plenty of ways to get those shows that you like with out cable or satellite service, but since the legality of it is in question in this country I will not divulge how.
   Once the content providers realize they can make more selling episodes to individuals rather than charging cable and satellite providers per sub, your dream will come true.
   I cut the cord years ago, like you pull local channels with an antenna hooked to four tvs. I have three computers hooked up to hdtv monitors, and also have a server in the mix. Just built the server and am slowly growing my own private vod system on my network. Have 100 movies and 27 tv episodes (full season) that I can watch anytime from any computer on the network.
  I do pay for netflix and use hulu as well, and have recently bought content from apple tv. Yes, I still pay but I only pay for what I want and not what the content provider and the content deliverer tell me to. Also have the ability to record live tv on one computer, which I can then move to the server for use on the other computers.
This is CABL.com posting #313831. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbtNX
Posted in reply to: Cable TV? Who Needs it? by Splicer Life 4me
There are 0 replies to this message