Create your free account now! Sign up

Splicer wants to learn Sweep or be foreman.

Ten years ago, when I was 16, I started hand trenching 60'-120' trenches as a grunt. A year after that I started using a trencher, and splicing the cable I put in. Gave up the trencher about another year later and did strictly UG splicing and activation for five years. Then I got a latter and fell in love with aerial. I worked strictly on a latter for a year doing aerial splicing, running IM.625, and lock boxes on MDU's. For the last two years I have had a bucket and a rag tag crew doing aerial maintence-20' to 3000' jobs from complete W/O-rebuild to just overlashing new cable-fiber (de lash, relash the fiber of course) No matter what, I get the job done...
I can troubleshoot any (forward) analog problem in the plant, including power of course. I have an electronics background, and really want to either run a splicing job (rebuild or new), or learn (sweep, head-end, fiber splicing)
I am in Atlanta now, virtually all work is shut down since AT&T came, and am willing to go anywhere for the right price, or opportunity.

Richard Kyser
Home- (770) 963-1624
(-REDACTED-)
This is CABL.com posting #31258. Tiny Link: cabl.co/miik
There are 0 replies to this message