Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cox cable

Not only that, they make the contractor pay the license fee for the web based ETA application they use for routing.  I also see guys busting their asses to make $1600 in production only to be charged back for shit like loose fittings, or missing a telephone sliplock tag on the drop. Do the math...they raised rates 6.5%, cut half the in house staff, and cut invoicing in half. Who's making the money!!?? It's funny too, cause when you complain they say you have a bad attitude.  Oh...I'm sorry...if I get gang raped in the shower at the gym and complain to the manager about it I guess I have a bad attitude.  Don't get me wrong...Cox used to be the best MSO to work for with top pay and they appreciated hard working techs.  Now it's, "Be lucky you have a job. We can train a monkey to do what you're doing."  A job that paid $140 now pays $70, and they've added about 10 more hoops to jump through.

Side note.  When I was told, "We can train a monkey to do what you're doing.", I responded, "Well you need to fire the guy training your monkeys." This was in reference to a job where an in house tech told a customer he needed all new wall fishes (5).  Contractor checked in the attic and found a bad signal amplifier that wasn't needed in the first place.   

Face it...the days of the Cabledog Contractor are over.  Now it's W2 high school dropouts that can't do fractions with a weeks training (studying the test) driving the payroll deducted company truck filled with the payroll deducted company tools they don't even know how to use. 
This is CABL.com posting #312359. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbtqd
Posted in reply to: Re: Cox cable by cablegod11111
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Cox cable billheaton1 9/4/2010 11:38:39 PM
Re: Cox cable salesdawg 9/4/2010 11:17:37 PM
Re: Cox cable bushmaster 9/4/2010 10:29:19 AM