Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The ruling class

By CRISTIAN SALAZAR, Associated Press Writer Cristian Salazar, Associated Press Writer – Mon Aug 16, 6:57 am ET
NEW YORK – When Rodolfo Olmedo was dragged down by a group of men shouting anti-Mexican epithets and bashed over the head with a wooden stick on the street outside his home, he instinctively covered his face to keep from getting disfigured. Blood filled his mouth.

"I wanted to scream, but I couldn't because of the beating they were giving me," said the 25-year-old baker. Nearly five months later, he is still taking pain medications for his head injuries.

Recorded by a store's surveillance camera, the assault was the first of 11 suspected anti-Hispanic bias attacks in a Staten Island neighborhood, re-igniting years-old tensions between blacks and Hispanics in New York City's most remote borough.

Residents of Port Richmond — where an influx of newcomers from Latin America over the past decade has transformed the community — alternately blame the attacks on the economy, unemployment and the debate over Arizona's immigration law. If that is even remotely true, then arizona is too blame.
This is CABL.com posting #310436. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbsVc
Posted in reply to: Re: The ruling class by sab3r
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: The ruling class Login 8/17/2010 2:48:51 AM
Re: The ruling class sab3r 8/16/2010 11:55:22 PM