Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate...

This is a good thread that mets the current events in the industry.  Now since my case againist Knight, Kablelink just got served last month, its only a matter of time when the IRS and DOL are going to take notice of these companies in the tampabay area.  If the DOL steps in one of thing will happen.

1.  All current pending cases in Federal court are put on hold pending the outcome of the invest by the DOL and IRS. This DOL takes everyone in to account working this could be costly more than the lawsuit,  but it doesnt make the suit go away be an means.

If the IRS, and im thinking due to efforts of someone, gets involved and an audit is performed the company may be held more lia for millions in fines.  Also all installers who filed fake returns with milage and deductions may face IRS audits,

If an installer gets the IRS audit is the prime going to help?  Didnt they recommend the accountant?  Every stone I uncover and how many laws these compainies break its sicking. How many keep milage books.  Take your driving for a days route.  15-25 miles?  Maybe 150 miles a week.  Now Ive got returns saying I drove 250 miles a day to offset my tax liability. I paid for advertsing? I paid commisions to who knows who.  But installers file these returns its been going on for years. What about the honest guy who pays his taxes, has some type of money put into the system. Not cable installers.

Now here food for thought.  If all installers were classified as employees and paying taxes, we all know we dont pay taxes, the unemployment rate would go down a few points.  Schools would have more teachers, police and fire fighters wouldnt be losing there jobs, buget cuts wouldnt be happening.  I know most of us dont care about these issues.  I but someone does.

How many installers you think are doing this is the USA now?  100k/200k? or more?

Thats a huge impact. 

This is CABL.com posting #309986. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbsNW
Posted in reply to: Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate... by FlCableGod
There are 7 replies to this message
Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate... LouSkunt 10/7/2010 2:21:56 PM
Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate... LouSkunt 10/7/2010 2:10:53 PM
Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate... LouSkunt 10/7/2010 2:08:18 PM
Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate... LouSkunt 10/7/2010 1:48:33 PM
Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate... LouSkunt 10/7/2010 12:54:29 PM
Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate... Nightlife1970 8/15/2010 12:53:18 PM
Re: Dept. of Labor & IRS to investigate... Splicer Life 4me 8/12/2010 12:34:01 PM