Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: we need wal mart execs

I don't know if it is the right thing or not. It just makes people not accept work that is out there if they keep getting free money. And why are we spending money on this instead of creating jobs as the stimulus was suppose to do? We were told the ONLY way to get the economy going was to make money out of nothing and spend it. Now they make signs that say this project or that project is from the stimulus and yet.......no jobs. Less jobs again in May. More than they thought. How long will these people continue to get unemployment? Isn't that just welfare after a certain point? If they are not contributing then they are on welfare. Unemployment is meant to help people not pay for their lives. How long is too long? I know people including myself that got no unemployment even though I paid into for years, once I went on my own I was no longer eligible. So, once someone hasn't been paying into anymore should they still be eligible? I didn't have a job for a year but kept looking. I made it by working odd jobs until steady work came along. Some people won't even keep trying as long as someone is sending them free money. They just learn to live with less.
This is CABL.com posting #308138. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbsj8
Posted in reply to: Re: we need wal mart execs by annubiss
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: we need wal mart execs annubiss 7/25/2010 8:18:47 PM