Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cox Communications - New Point Rate

I was a contractor for 4 years then went in-house for almost 7 here in the Phoenix AZ system. I was just let-go about 6 weeks ago. I checked back in to contracting. Ive found that most of the veterans are gone. mostly hack installers left... to answer your question YES they have went to a point system. ive heard contractors are paying anywhere from 1.30-1.65 per point.... i wont contract again for those prices. when i left contracting 7 years ago we were making 250 per day easy.. sadly those days are gone. i wont go back... not to cable. and its a shame, theres alot of talent out there and Cox in there greediness is pushing all the good installers away. I also found out that points have dropped on almost everything, i swear they claim that quality is number one then with the other hand swipe down the amount of time an installer is given to do the job and reduce the pay... i could go on for another hour with this rant. the cost of living is going up and they raise their prices but yet cut the pay to the back-bone of the cable industry: field. makes no sense......

~just another fed up ol cable dog...
This is CABL.com posting #307208. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbr48
Posted in reply to: Cox Communications - New Point Rate by jeffkehoe
There are 0 replies to this message