Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: challenge: Take our jobs

If every illegal immigrant decided to leave America, would the US economy collapse, flourish or be unaffected?

It would affect California tremendously as well as many other states--mine, very little. I don't have much to add to what others said, except I'd recommend everyone rent and watch a movie titled "A Day Without A Mexican." It's funny and has some important statistics about what would happen in California if all the Mexicans left suddenly. Obviously, all illegals would not leave at once, so the movie has to be viewed from a more realistic point of view, but illegals contribute more to the California economy than they take. They do contribute a lot to social security that they never receive and crops would rot in the fields. Any solution to this issue has to consider the individual states and must be a gradual solution. In fact, with no illegals, thousands of INS officers would be unemployed. This is an extremely complex problem and persons who advocate mass deportations have not analyzed the cost of that to our agriculture, service industries and to the INS service itself. EDIT: On the issue of this varying greatly among the states, a Congressional report in 2007 found 3/4ths of the illegal immigrants live in California, Arizona, Texas, Florida, NY, NJ and Illinois. Also, no one "steals" a job. A job is a contract between an employer and an employee. Americans willing to work for the same wages as an illegal immigrant could have these jobs. So as you can see if you are tired of installs and the low pay you can pick fruit.

This is CABL.com posting #306299. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrQt
Posted in reply to: Re: challenge: Take our jobs by sab3r
There are 0 replies to this message