Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Immigrants and the Economy

One of the most well-entrenched myths about immigrants is that they steal jobs from American workers,

Not a myth. A fact.

I can point in any direction from my front door and there is a nursery within 2 miles of where I point. Dozens of them. When I was a kid most all of us kids could go to one of these nurseries and sign on for a summer job. I did it myself for half a summer and then got put on the landscape crew. I did all the things that Americans supposedly "won't do", picked weeds, dug holes, mowed grass, laid so, planted starters, loaded trucks etc. It taught me what work really is. $3 an hour in those days.

Fast forward to 2010.

Junior decides he wants a job. I tell him to hit the road and start hitting up the local nurseries/ landscaping co's. There are at least 4 within walking distance and at least 10 within a bicycle ride and not one of them were even remotely interested. I thought he was bullshittin me and I even went to a couple places myself and curiously they would hardly even discuss it. Excuses like kids don't want to work today blah fuckin blah. Ours did!

The real reason is obvious and I don't need to spell it out for you or anyone else. But I will, Mexicans are cheap (under minimum wage aka near slave labor) and $8 an hour or whatever min wage is now is just an expense these cocksuckers don't want to pay.

Do you support near slave labor? Because that is what you've got. If at the very minimum we made them all get legal, then at least everyone would have the same opportunity to get the same job at the same crappy pay as the other guy and not be getting undercut by black market foreign labor.

Around here our tradesmen are working for $12 an hour. Electricians, drywallers, plumbers etc. Why? Because we've got illegals working for half that and sleeping 20 to a house. Is this what you want? That's what you've got.

Know what else we've got here? Some of them have made themselves legal, and now some own their own companies. And they do the same damn thing, pay there guys $4 an hour to labor and they themselves are living quite well, off the backs of "their own".

Why would you want this to continue?

This is CABL.com posting #306160. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrOe
Posted in reply to: Immigrants and the Economy by sweatforhire
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Immigrants and the Economy sweatforhire 6/24/2010 1:53:51 AM