Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Mastec Richmond Virgina

If you have worked in the Richmond area for any length of time you will know that MASTEC is a four letter word among us techs.  I steer clear of any contractor that comes under MASTEC, you are just asking for trouble if you don't and will most likely find yourself in bankruptcy court.  The companies that contract for them will do the same thing; there have been a few in this market that have pulled up stakes litteraly overnight and left the techs hanging for thousands of dollars in pay... CCDish is one of them; and I see they have posted an ad for the Norfolk area... they were here in Richmond and Norfolk back last fall and pulled out after telling all of us they were staying when HD experts packed up... Stay away from them, stay very far away from them... Mastec also has a riduculous background policy for driving records, basically if any thing shows up on your MVR your toast with them or any contractor under them... This an absurd policy; we drive our own vehicles, pay our own vehicle insurance and pay our own contractor liability insurance; we run our own 1099 business... I would love for Mastec to explain the why behind this BS policy; but they won't... And don't give me the BS that it says something about your character and ability to deal with customers, or liability.  It should be based on an indivdual basis, sometimes bad things just happen to good people...it dosen't mean thay are not good techs or are a risk to a customer or company...

Your better off finding an independent retailer and come to agreement to do their installs for them; they don't have to comply with MASTEC policies and basically can do what they want in terms of running their business.  They treat techs fair, let the techs keep their custom money, pay on time and don't rip customers off.  They also let you sell and give you the commission...finding one is difficult though, they usually only have a need for one or two techs... and work can be sporadic.

I would like to add...  Mastec!
This is CABL.com posting #305898. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrJ0
Posted in reply to: Mastec Richmond Virgina by jeff2122
There are 0 replies to this message