Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Real American

An estimated two to three thousand non-citizen vets of US wars face deportation.

This is not my story this is the story of thousands of war vets that are being deported for being illegal after the us got done using them.

I came to the United States when I was thirteen years old, and I grew up mostly in New York before I was twenty years old. When I became twenty, I joined the military, and I spent six years as a US Marine. And then I got out of the service after the first Persian Gulf War. I was in the service from 1987 ‘til 1993. after I left the service I was deported from the us.

On November 25, 2008, US Secretary of Defense Robert Gates signed a memorandum authorizing the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force to implement a new non-citizen recruiting pilot program for the United States Armed Forces. Titled “Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest” (MAVNI), the new pilot program allows certain non-citizens who are present in the United States to join the military and apply immediately for US citizenship without first obtaining lawful permanent residence. The US Army MAVNI recruiting program, which seeks to recruit health care professionals and persons who speak certain strategic languages, begins on Monday, February 23, 2009.1 The Army has chosen New York City as the site for recruiting those who seek to enlist on the basis of their language skills, while Army health care professionals will be recruited nationwide. Immigration lawyers should become familiar with this unusual program so that they can accurately advise clients who may be interested in serving in the United States Army. you can apply for us citizenship without first obtaining lawful permanent residence, it does not ensure that you will be granted citizenship during or after your tour of duty. You can however apply for a green card if you want to continue to work in the us on a limited basis.
This is CABL.com posting #305800. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrIq
Posted in reply to: Re: Real American by goodsky
There are 0 replies to this message