Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cox Communications

I work for one of the primes in NOVA and yeah it's has going downhill...cutting all prices by 40 to 60 percent and then deleting rod and rope and the de and re...some jobs dont even warrent messing with..it is a sad day when comcast pays better than COX..we are in the wait and see grey area..maybe we can make money, maybe we cant.?? I ve heard talk they are going to bring in other contractors to do some of the work..let them come..NOVA is expensive to live in it has the same per diem rate as San diego..This area will run their overhead high and COX will nitty gritty you on every minor detail to kickback billing to the next cycle even though the job is done and the customers are happy. And yeah since the de and re is gone we no longer do it. everthing is overlash ,coax, fiber, storage, everthing,,its going to be a great system one day, just like arlington is now..in the end they get what they pay for and not one bug nut more.. and Global is nothing more than a headhunter service. They are the prime and sub everything out just like Mastec did not too long ago.. Maybe Cox will wake up and realize that what they are doing is making a system worse, what happens when you need to dropa storage loop and when you cut one lashing wire and everything comes crashing down, or you need to pull a fiber or coax and there is no rope, at this point I would say if they only invented somthing i could use to get a string thru this pipe,,but we dont get paid for it so i dont think rodders or air compressors exist anymore..bottom line prices have gotten so bad we cant afford to do the extras we used to do, when the prices were better we were more inclined to do it right, it took longer but it was done right. Now I am not even going to wreck out span replacments if they dont pay for it we are not doing it.
This is CABL.com posting #305205. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbryP
Posted in reply to: Re: Cox Communications by johnmc3
There are 0 replies to this message