Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need advise on an easement issue

I 100% agree with you, it is smart to be able to have extra cable to move a ped or resplice a ped In event a car runs it over, hell in penbroke pines I have seen peds where the homeowner had to pour concrete around them so they can put in a driveway, I have seen 2 driveways butted up aginst a doghouse because it was a duplex and the underground crew placed it on the property line.

I worked a Comcastic job in Hollyweird,Fl. and they wanted min of 60" of cable after a straight splice, yea right, doing a d/r trunk & feeder 4 to 5 pits, then doghouse in a fenced out, treed out rear easement, my pits went 4ft deep, I took a 5 gal bucket and wrapped 7 to 10 foot of coax around it for each leg and burried it below the doghouse, the Comcast Tech showed me that trick, he said hey dude you are killing yourself digging a 6ft trench for a SS plus it is easier for us to fix if it goes bad, but you still have to have only straight cable in the ped.

Prolley did 40 locations like that, with zero gigs and sweep went fine, all the tech said was min 60" & straight cable
This is CABL.com posting #305044. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrwe
Posted in reply to: Re: Need advise on an easement issue by rpaetzold
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Need advise on an easement issue rpaetzold 6/8/2010 10:09:38 PM