Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: will this happen

How much damage are you talking about? One failure and it was contained and cleaned up. 2 more were sabotage. Not the oil company's fault at all. Another was contained even before it happened with 2 containment fields. No damage at all on that one. Oil companies are scum. But we need it. And the good out weighs the bad. I guess I don't know what you are getting at with all this. I am getting at this. We need oil. Not just for cars, trucks and planes and trains but for plastics and many other things. Heating our houses and so on. So we need to watch dog the oil companies better not shut them down. It makes no sense.

Of course they put profits above all else. So do the networks. So does anyone in business. I am not saying it is right but the fact is when you consider how much oil is moved the accidents are few but blown up. No not the one in the gulf, it is bad but we can't just quit getting oil until we have a replacement in place and not 10 years from now. Had the left let drilling in ANWR we would have it now. We wouldn't be sending 700 billion dollars overseas. We would not be having health care issues with that kind of money.

So now we need oil. We have no quantity of alternative energy and some won't work everywhere. I Alaska and Canada and other places, solar will only really work in the summer. Winter not so much. Cold water means no geothermic energy. Hydro has environmentalists blocking. Wind is ugly with those turbines and they are hard to fix because of their size and location not to mention the noise. Hey I am all for getting off this oil...............for now we have to have it and it is my opinion we get our own. It can be done cleanly.
This is CABL.com posting #305019. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrvP
Posted in reply to: Re: will this happen by dlightning
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: will this happen sab3r 6/8/2010 5:50:38 PM
Re: will this happen sweatforhire 6/8/2010 5:05:31 PM