Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cox Communications

Sometimes being assertive saves the day, opens eyes...and doors.  In many cases, the office is way understaffed; and such, makes you look like morons.  If you can see a hole, fill it.  Whether or not you are a production employee, isnt it better to keep working than not.  I can only say that myself and another production employee have takin the bull by the horns, and it has not only helped the company keep moving on, but it hasnt hurt us....besides, what else do you have to do on days where there is no work whether rain, or some weekend rule about not splicing/sweep...to get your ass in there and help out with billing, inventory, keeping the yard clean, etc.  Sometimes that "Pay it Forward" mentality inspires other employees to give a shit about what they do, and crank it up a notch.  Feeling sorry for yourself or blaming others doesnt put money back in your pocket.  You can see it everywhere you go....from job to job.... there is always a 'shop rocket' that wants to whine about the work....whine that he always gets the easement.....whine that his truck sucks....whine that the prices are low....whine that everone picks on him....whine that he cant get pads or eq's....whine that he cant read his print....whine that someones gone through his truck....whine that the lasher is a piece of shit.....whine that he cant afford a gps (because weed is more important)....etc.

I am sorry about what happened for you, as I hate to see anyone 'busted flat,' but im not going to sit around and point fingers when the bottom falls out either.  I have seen it too many times, besides the fact that if you have been doing this for a while, and have gray hair....why wouldnt you want to evolve to the next level.  I am not knocking it, but my body is wore out....I think I would rather use my brain a little more now that Im an old bastard....and so far, im still not complaining.

Good luck in the future!
This is CABL.com posting #304876. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrtw
Posted in reply to: Re: Cox Communications by lonemonkey
There are 0 replies to this message