Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Americans moving south of the border

I am sure they all had money. But too many that come here are not trying to improve their lives...........not legally anyway. Terrorists, drug and human smugglers. All kinds. Yes some do try to improve their lives, but still break the law to do it. And then don't assimilate themselves in our culture like trying to learn the language. And then expect citizens here to learn their language. We shouldn't have to. It should be the other way around just as if we go to Mexico, we would be expected to learn Spanish. I work with guys that were in Laredo and they were told by people there "you need to learn Spanish". Why? This isn't Spain or Mexico. And there is plenty of racism down here to go around and it isn't by whitey. Some of the guys here have been handed a sheet of paper to present home owners when back yard access is needed that starts out, " I am sorry I don't speak Spanish.........." what the hell? Why should WE be sorry we don't speak spanish. Some of them refuse to use that paper because of it. I do speak some spanish but that is by choice. I like the language among others I have been trying to learn.

Come here legally and improve your life. Or get active in the Mexican government and change things to improve life. It is their country anyway. It isn't our responsibility to feed the world when we are having a hard time feeding ourselves. Mexico can grow food year round. Not so in all of the U.S.. So they shouldn't be starving. Not if their government took care of them. But their government encourages them to come here. Their government should be trying to improve the life there. Not tell them to come here.
No one would move to Mexico to improve their lives...........just to get a cheaper way of life.
This is CABL.com posting #304827. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrsJ
Posted in reply to: Re: Americans moving south of the border by sweatforhire
There are 0 replies to this message