Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: cable or satellite

I have worked since I was 5 or 6 years old, started on my grandmothers farm, feeding chickens, gathering eggs, picking beans and other things in the garden. She paid me $.50 a week. When I was old enough and strong enough I bailed hay in the summers for the farms around herr's. Got my first job that gave me a real paycheck when I was 15, (had to get working papers) that was working maintenance at a Union 76 truck-stop. Got married and did 12 years in the military, got out and supported the family any way I could, cooking, driving forklift, driving truck, selling insurance, all before I got into CATV. Worked in-house and did the contracting thing working on the road across the country and in other countries. It's been far cry from driving the same rout to the same job everyday. That's one of the good things about this industry is the freedom to expand your knowledge base and move into other areas.

If your finding installing stressful then expand your skills and move on. You look at it as chaos I see it as just part of the industry, its always been there and always will even when there was truly good money to be made you still had ridiculous back charges, work loads, point systems, customers, bosses, MSO's you name it. There have always been low balling companies, scamers, cheats, contracts shutdown with little or no warning. Spec's being changed for no reason in the middle of a job, deadlines shortening because the company wants to save a dime, equipment shortages, etc. But as I said before its all part of the beast. Its only catv/satellite after all its not life or death......

You want to talk to someone who knows about stress talk to someone that's just come home from Afghanistan, or Iraq. They can tell you about real stress.

But all this is just my opinion, that and a $1.69 might get you a cup of coffee. Enjoy your holiday weekend I'm going to grab a nap, I got a pig and some serious hunks of beef I got to put on the spit tonight.....and a lot of beer to drink....I'm getting stressed out just thinking about it....
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #304337. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrkP
Posted in reply to: Re: cable or satellite by rookiecableguy
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: cable or satellite rookiecableguy 5/30/2010 3:38:44 PM