Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Old cabldawgs solution to oil leak

Well yea. Another well would need to be dug, but that is what is happening now anyway. But the oil still flows. Stop the flow and dig again. I have no problem doing it that way. Fucking BP morons.

jmiller, the reason expressed why the 'top hat' didn't work was because the thing filled with methane ice crystals that plugged the top hole.
Fuck the debris, I remember them blowing the piss out of oil wells to seal them ever since the first oil rig exploded in the 1800's.

Just seems to make the most sense to me to do that rather than try to plug the thing with mud and golf fucking balls.

Did anyone besides me watch the C-Span coverage of the testimony from survivors and the deads parents? Fucking incredible it was. Pissed me right off hearing what was going on on that platform. Just fucking amazing the way it was skeleton crewed all this time, for example, 3 electrical engineers doing the operation and maintenance and repair work that required be done safely and efficeintly by 6 people, just to save a few bucks.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #304323. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrkB
Posted in reply to: Re: Old cabldawgs solution to oil leak by SpeedLasher
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Old cabldawgs solution to oil leak LocoDawg 5/30/2010 7:20:56 PM
Re: Old cabldawgs solution to oil leak jmiller 5/30/2010 1:46:35 PM