Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: anyone gotta spare chain hoist/pole?

I hope that job was paid by the foot or cost plus because what charter pays for a PT your crew would have been there for a full day for a couple Dead ends and DG's, you might of been able to buy a couple of 12 packs and a few packs of smokes.

I once rode a lasher on a crossing like that in eastern kentucky, because the project manager there was afraid that the lasher would jump off from pulling it with a boat, the downhill ride was smooth, then at the sag in the middle I hung there for 30 minutes while the idiots on the other side filled the generator up so they could winch me up up the other side, I was the down force weight on the lasher.... some of the crap you did and survived in cable amazes me.

come to think of it that was a charter job also, the PM (winn carribe) name was Buck, I can't for the love of money remember his last name, but he smoked marlboro's one right the other,2 cartons always on the dash of his truck, light them from his last butt, wore cowboy boots & western shirts and was so bow legged and pigeon toed you almost laughed when you seen him walk, but when the day was done you hit the bar and your money was NO Good, He paid for everybody & everything, when asked about corporate and his bar bills, his response was FU*K THEM I make them 80K a week, that was the good old day's of cable.
This is CABL.com posting #303714. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbraM
Posted in reply to: Re: anyone gotta spare chain hoist/pole? by rpaetzold
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: anyone gotta spare chain hoist/pole? rpaetzold 5/22/2010 8:51:35 PM