Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: comcast-houston

It is what it is....and it is unfortunate for all of us. I am one of the seven primes in this market. I can tell you there is no point in trying to fight it. We all, owners such as myself, and techs like yourself and my techs have to make hard decisions about if we can or can not make money in this market. If you know me...you know I speak the truth when I say at our company it's a partnership between myself and the techs. By that I mean I split the billing right down the middle with the techs. 50/50. I can't pay any more, and I'd be ashamed to offer any less, especially when the overall revenue will be down compared to years gone by. My techs don't like it and I can't blame any that bail. All I can do is feed the best guys the best routes and try to stay profitable by increasing our volume. We do at leat offer health/life insurance benefits as well as paid vacations after one year. I can't give up any more of my margin and still keep the doors open. As you know, we are employee based, so at least if you work for us, you don't have to worry about 1099 headaches, workers comp, or getting laid off and no unemployment insurance. I've been through these rate cuts before. I'm also a prime in two markets with Suddenlink, and they did it two years in a row a few years back. With that said...the strong will survive. I hope you hang in there and if they don't pay at least what I do, and you can't take it anymore..come see us before you hang it up. Best of luck to you my friend.
Regards,
Sam Gordon
President
Hi Gear Communications, Inc.
This is CABL.com posting #302447. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqQl
Posted in reply to: comcast-houston by tazbell
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: comcast-houston califcamper 7/11/2010 11:38:12 PM
Re: comcast-houston peehook 6/9/2010 5:13:19 PM
Re: comcast-houston kurupt17 5/10/2010 10:01:18 AM