Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Another whats wrong with this picture?

Sab3r - Definitely correct on the shrink. I'm sure it was shrinked at one time but today... nada.

Lightmaster - LOL

Scooter - Funny you should mention that. It WAS backfeeding A/C although it wasn't supposed to. I of course learned that one the hard way when I had to change out the 90 at the amp feeding this one. Power is coming in to this one through main out.

cableho - Closest to it brotha. Splice location is about 15 years old. Our stuff is an old 550 MHz system that got stretched to 870 MHz. Both cables off the splitter are none-other than your favorite "silky" .700. Most of that cable at the bottom of the ped is abandoned that has never been wrecked out, so you're right there. And yes, I wouldn't trade my GI for anything. Love that stuff. The biggest thing you pointed out however, was the 3-way. The ped is on an established corner and the prints call for a 2-way so there was no future build planned. Good call on the INSIDE of the splitter: power was NOT pulled on the termed port.

A lot of you might not be too familiar with GI so I'll go ahead and spill the beans:

-Bottom right and bottom left of the MB are the Aux outs. Top right is the main out. 3-way splitter is connected to the Aux instead of the main, losing an extra 3 db (unless you manipulate the internal pads on the outputs, but that's not the point... and all forward output pads were 0's btw).

- Notice the output legs of the 3-way. The through leg is termed and the two active spans are off the tap legs.

Unnecessary loss of 6dB and increase of 6dB on return just because of poor splicing.

This is CABL.com posting #302018. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqJq
Posted in reply to: Re: Another whats wrong with this picture? by sab3r
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Another whats wrong with this picture? sab3r 5/5/2010 10:27:49 AM
Re: Another whats wrong with this picture? goodsky 5/4/2010 11:56:37 PM