Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Might not be 3 weeks

Already have a van, a newer rav4, a 2004 Honda that runs great, new furnace, big screen tv's, basically all the toys I need right now. A vat tax will see the demise of quite a few retailers in this country as people simply slow down their spending more than they already have. Then what are they going to tax. If everybody bands together and walks into retailers all over the country and takes up the sales staff time and when they think they got you simply say "sorry I just can't see spending 20% more for this item and then paying additional sales tax on top of the federal tax" and just walk out. Wanna add it to my cell bill ? guess what a 20% increase gives me an out of my contract and I'll just shut em all off. Wanna add it to my FiOS bill, guess I'll be putting a high def antenna up and just keep the broadband. IM's and emails will be the new form of communication around here. Wanna raise my income tax more than it is ??? Adios America, I'm outta here. I actually have a skill set that makes it easy for me to emigrate to another country.

What this will do is simply create a nation of tax evaders and a thriving black market industry.
This is CABL.com posting #301321. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqyb
Posted in reply to: Re: Might not be 3 weeks by RadioMan
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Might not be 3 weeks LocoDawg 4/28/2010 9:30:39 PM
Re: Might not be 3 weeks LocoDawg 4/28/2010 9:26:09 PM