Create your free account now! Sign up

Being Neighborly

Yesterday I saw my neighbor, who is an elderly lady in her early 70's, out walking her fence line. So, I hopped on the ATV and went over to talk to her. A herd of elk came through the previous night and tore her fence down and bent her post over. I told her that, I would fix it for her, when I got back from town.
 I gathered up everything I needed, chain hoist, butt strap, pair of nines, and fence post driver. Threw it in the truck and went over to her place. I just finished straightening the post, and had the wire tight, when she came out to help. I was on my knees, putting on a wire tie, she was standing right next to me, talking away. When she turned around and bent over to grab some more wire ties. Then,, all of a sudden VERRRRRRRRRRRP....... She lets one rip, right next to my face. She just kept talking like nothing happened. I said to myself in a muttered voice" Boy,,,that's gonna leave a mark"!!! She asks " did you say somthing"? "Naw,,,just trying to get this fence tie on" was my reply.
This is CABL.com posting #300978. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqsE
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Being Neighborly islandcable 4/25/2010 3:29:47 PM
Re: Being Neighborly Lightmaster 4/25/2010 1:13:08 PM