Create your free account now! Sign up

Unfortunately back in the bizz

With the economy the way it is, I had to come back into the install business.

I thought I had found a good company....Dish RSP work, $2 a point, new van all materials supplied, gas supplied, benefits, vacation etc...

6 months into it things changed.

In January the company had a meeting (every quarter they do this, mandatory attendance with no pay - Strike 1) and they proudly boasted that in 2009 they had their most profitable year in their history...they opened in 1971.

They told us that they were bring in new trainees and making them B level techs ($1.50 a point) but we would all remain A level techs.

Over the past 4 months, they have changed their policies and are doing everything they can to bust every tech down from A status to B status. Check out some of the reasons they are busting techs down;

Dirty van - If you are going down a muddy road on your way to a customers house, they EXPECT you to stop and wash your van before you get to the next customers home....at your expense. If you get a drive up and your van is dirty you get busted down on the spot.

Non responders - you MUST maintain a 75% connectivity rating. Even if the customer does not have a home phone or Internet service and even if you do run a phone line and the customer does not have service.

Late to a job - PM jobs are to be on site BY 1 PM...regardless if you have an AM 6 room install 2 hours away.

Ya know.....this will be one hell of a short return to this business.
This is CABL.com posting #300874. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqqY
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Unfortunately back in the bizz LocoDawg 4/24/2010 7:11:09 PM