Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: best RG6 AND 59 stripper?

Are you serious?
So what about scoring the center conductor? you know because those nice cheap ones that strip everything right down to a clean conductor but what you don't see is that score on the center conductor that will give you those oh so lovely "intermittent" problems.
I, and many others that work with a digital signal, swear by those yellow handle (6/59) and blue handle (7/11) Ben Hughes CABLE PREP.
If you see a blue handle with the 6/59 end on it you are asking for trouble. I have a do use the thomas and betts "ultimate", the PPC EX6, XL and EX/XL WS, Digicon, Gilbert, LRC...you get the point. If the braid is folded back even ly and you slightly round the dielectric with you fingers to ensure the foil won't peel back, all these fittings slide right on with only SLIGHT wiggling. You force it and forget it you just shaved foil and or dielectric.
Those days of what would fly on an old forward only analog system are numbered. Things nowadays in the digital world have a much tighter spec and less room for those small errors. Just think of the evolution of the crimp connector and how back in the day if you were on a pole and dropped you crimper, screw it use your 9's or channels. Same things here, a lot of what used to work, is exactly that, it USED to work.
my couple pieces of copper based material...Take it as you wish...
This is CABL.com posting #300386. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqi6
Posted in reply to: Re: best RG6 AND 59 stripper? by jmiller
There are 0 replies to this message