Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: It only gets better

Never said I know it all, but I do know how quite a few primes, and most pimps play this game.  The only reason you now have primes supplying gas, truck, GL ins, etc. is because at todays prices you will be hard pressed to find any talent that even owns a truck, let alone a compression tool for fittings.

Hell one year I was working in Mamaroneck NY, and caught one of the national primes dropping guys off from a passenger van to apartments and offices, and these guy would carry the CPE, a small roll of cable and their tools in a back pack. And when I talked to a couple of them they were 1099 contractors.  No white truck, no ladders, not even the Optonline magnets on the passenger van.   I have worked for quite a few primes in my life as thats the nature of this biz. I have been around to watch quite a few come up, and then watched them go straight back down thinking that things would only get better and they would get more and more work only to severely over extend their credit and end up in a hole so deep they could hear Satan snoring after the MSO pulled their semi-annual pay less for more work scenario.
This is CABL.com posting #300378. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqiY
Posted in reply to: Re: It only gets better by MitchellsInstallations
There are 0 replies to this message