Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: It only gets better

You can't be serious now, can you? What the fuck is wrong with you? Anybody can do anything once trained. But you obviously don't value your life very highly if you don't think what you do is worth $35/hr. You could fall off the pole/ladder, you could be shot/murdered when in a customers home, you could be involved in a serious traffic accident driving all over, you could be hit by a car. The list goes on. Don't say it won't happen to you, I've seen it happen time and time againto good men who are crippled or even worse, dead when something does go wrong.

We are in one of the most dangerous jobs there is and as such, we are entitled to be fairly compensated. Electrocution is a possibility everytime we climb a pole. And you call old timers hacks? We know what the job is worth. And when that worth is fairly compensated, you see quality work. But when it isn't, some guys will only do what they feel they are being payed for. And yes, that is wrong. I believe that if you accepted a job for an agreed upon price that you should do the job to the best of your ability.

You say anyone can do this job. And that is true. But this job isn't for just anybody. It takes a special breed to be a lineman. Same as being a plumber isn't for everyone. Same as being an Orthepedic physician isn't for just anybody. These jobs require special people, and the pay should reflect that. It is sad you feel that the low wages you are earning makes you feel it is "good money". Obviously you have never made "good money" in order to compare the two different wages.

Yes, my life is worth more to me and my family than the $10/hr you are making. I'd wager if you asked your family, they would say your life is worth more too. So stop settling saying something is better than nothing. Because once you get hurt, you'll have nothing, your family will have nothing, and eventually they will leave you.

We make the MSO alot of money by putting our lives at risk on a daily basis. For that, $35/hr isn't too much to ask for. At least then, God forbid we get hurt, we can take care of our families. If we won't look out for the well being of our families, who will?

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #300371. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbqiR
Posted in reply to: Re: It only gets better by MitchellsInstallations
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: It only gets better wizo6812 4/20/2010 10:19:45 AM
Re: It only gets better Nat Light 4/20/2010 9:48:53 AM
Re: It only gets better bushmaster 4/20/2010 8:40:15 AM
Re: It only gets better islandcable 4/20/2010 6:38:09 AM