Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:WHATS GOING ON???Sounds Familiar to Me...

TCI shut things down all year long. problem with TCI was they were so damned undecided on what they wanted. TCI's stock never waivered. AT&T on the other hand didn't fully understand what they were getting into taking over TCI.

>Didn't TCI do the same thing for years? Seems at the end of the year(October,November)TCI would almost always shut things down till February or March....
>
>>SIMPLE...They over-extended themselves. January last year AT&T was worth 175 BILLION Dollars. January THIS year AT&T is worth 75 BILLION Dollars. Watch as the saga continues...
>>
>>
>>>Take a good look at the AT&T logo {the blue globe}, now go watch Star Wars & see if it resembles the DeathStar.
>>>
>>>For 14 years I {the last 5 I was an Upgrade Manager} who worked for Continental Cablevision which became MediaOne which was absorbed by AT&T, so I am giving you a viewpoint unique to having been on the inside. So after MediaOne was swallowed by AT&T I bailed. AT&T has a history of profit uber alles, and while I am of German descent I could not in good conscience stay there. When the deal was first announced back in 1999 I was convinced AT&T was buying MediaOne for the brain power. This past summer the VP of the Northeast resigned & I took that as my cue to follow suit.
>>>
>>>
>>>>Your lucky if you just now got shut down...AT&T has been doing this all over the country since October, 2000. There learning there is a differance between running a long distance phone company than running a cable tv company.
>>>>
>>>>>WHATS GOING ON IN DENVER WITH AT&T. THEY SHUT EVERYONE DOWN WITH NO EXPLAINATION.
>>>>>DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY INSIDE INFO???
Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #29982. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mhXK
Posted in reply to: Re:WHATS GOING ON???Sounds Familiar to Me... by sprdave
There are 0 replies to this message