Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DTV Tech arrested for rape!

I have had one of my cable techs accused of rape, and the MSO said he couldn't work until case was settled.  The cops came in and interviewed my tech in my office about the incident, after the interview they admitted the lady was slightly off and had previous issues.  The cop even said "she is the type of person, you are talking, turn around and she is standing there naked". 

My tech says he would never have touched the older lady with skin problems and seeming slightly off, cops did not press charges, but the MSO says that he can't come back to work because of this, because they did not press charges but the cops would not come out and give him something in writing saying they would never press charges. 

In a neighboring city where I used to work, same MSO, a tech was accused of rape at 7:15 in the morning 45 minutes from the office on his day off.  Same thing, can't work until proven otherwise, but in this case the lady did was pressured by the cops and admited to false acusations to cover up something else going on from her husband.  Atlteast that tech was cleared and able to go back to work.

Its something for everyone to keep in their mind, you as a tech or as a supervisor may know your guys wouldn't do anything, but their are people out there that see the MSO name on your shirt and see a pay day.  There are crazy people out there that know no better, and may actually believe what they say, but false acusations to come about too.   This doesn't just apply to sexual assault, we have to worry about being accused of theft, property damage and other misc charges.  Every time we step in someones house, we take a chance they may think up something that will cost us our job or more.
This is CABL.com posting #298785. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbpTh
Posted in reply to: DTV Tech arrested for rape! by maxxpayne
There are 0 replies to this message